CCS Lawyers is an experienced family law firm in Black Rock, Melbourne Bayside, providing legal advice and representation with extensive experience across divorce, separation, parenting matters, and property and financial settlement.
As skilled negotiators, we will always seek to reach a settlement outside of the Court if possible. However, where necessary we will ensure your rights are protected by issuing court proceedings.
We operate within a wider network of professionals including Family Dispute Resolution Practitioners, Mediators and Barristers, and apply a holistic approach to family law matters.
Providing expert personalised support and advice, we strive to reduce the stress and expense of unnecessary litigation. Considering your personal circumstances and budget, we offer realistic advice and pragmatic solutions, no matter how complex your individual situation.
By ensuring you are fully informed about the legal process, CCS Lawyers will empower you to make the right long-term legal decisions for you and your family.
CCS Lawyers offers a mobile service and appointments can be made during business hours, or after-hours.
About Charmain Stothard
- Completed the Juris Doctor at University of Melbourne 2004
- Completed Graduate Diploma in Legal Practice Australian National University in 2005
- Admitted to practice in the Supreme Court f Victoria and High Court in October 2005
- Completed Master of Applied Law (Family Law) in 2019
- Member of Law Institute of Victoria
- Member Law Council of Australia Family Law Section
- Member of Victorian Women Lawyers
- Practised exclusively in Family Law since 2007
Charmain has been practising exclusively in family law matters in Melbourne since 2007 and has gained a reputation for providing practical, tailored, and sound advice specific to your personal circumstances. Her aim is to remain transparent and respectful in all her dealings and to ensure your matter is handled with empathy and understanding.
Your matter will be exclusively handled by Charmain and you will receive personalised service until the conclusion of your family law matter.
CCS Lawyers is open for business as usual. We are available by telephone, email, video conferencing via Microsoft Teams, and in person when lockdown restrictions are lifted.
All personal attendances are conducted in accordance with social distancing requirements, and we are taking extra precautions by sanitising our office after and before any personal attendances.
To be acknowledged as the leading Melbourne Bayside Family Law firm by:
- Providing individual, expert and responsive family law advice to our clients; and
- to achieve the best outcomes for clients by reducing the stress of separation; and
- Working toward ongoing workable relationships for our clients with their families and children.
Our Mission Statement
Our mission statement for our clients is to :
- Provide clients with support, expert advice, tailored to individual circumstances and needs;
- Work with our clients to explore and obtain outcomes that are best for the client and within our client’s budget;
- Aim to mitigate as best we can the stress and difficulty of separation by achieving outcomes most likely to reduce stress, expense, unnecessary litigation and to promote working relationships moving forward.
- Client-first: Putting our clients at the heart of everything we do.
- Honesty & Integrity: Being open and honest in all our dealings with clients, courts, other law firms and staff.
- Accountability: Acknowledging and assuming responsibility for actions and decisions.
- Teamwork & Recognition: Listening to, and respecting clients and co-workers to achieve mutually beneficial results.
- Flexible: Being open to change, adapting to challenges and uncertainty.
- Excellence: Doing the best job we possibly can for our clients by always doing what we say we will and striving for excellence and quality in everything we do.